06 September 2007

Great Verse


This week I have been brought back to a verse that I memorized while I was in college. While in college I was involved in student radio and was a DJ and sports talk show host. It was a complete blast to do this type of work. I felt like the coolest person in the world, with my head phones on in the studio, playing songs, commercials and it didn't matter that no really listened. But our radio station had made Eph 4:29 our theme verse and we would quote it all the time. It was very fitting for a bunch of people who planned on talking for the rest of their lives. Truth is, I had forgotten about that verse, even worse, I have been living like it never existed which is the worst thing I could do. Often things would flow out of my mouth that would destroy, bury, and rip people apart. The guilt that has been in my heart of this the last few days has been enormous. I would like to give a quick advertisement for Sunday at Risttee, we are going to look at this verse and what does it mean to us as a church. What culture are we creating and how does it effect our lives. I encourage everyone to come and lets see what God has in store for us.