11 May 2007

5 minutes of torture!



Today I was visitng the Lõunakeskus. It was a pretty normal day. Oskar played in the childrens play area, ran into the engaged couple Siiri and Innar on a lunch break together. We were just coming around by the EMT store when Oskar decided to walk in there and grab some papers. I went in with him and put the papers back and then looked briefly at the new thin phone from Sony Erikson, which is pretty cool. Well I saw Oskar head out towards Reena, but she was talking on her phone so didn't really notice him. I took my Nokia out of my pocket and was comparing how thin the phone was. I came out of the store a few seconds later because I noticed the price of the phone and realized it was pointless, I wasn't going to spend that much on a phone. I saw Reena, Alex in his little chair, but no Oskar. I turned right and then I turned left and no Oskar. I turned around back to the store and went in and no Oskar. Then my heart just colapsed. I could barely breath. I ran over to the nearest shoe store, sports store, electric store turned around. Reena check the travel store, the cafe and we were looking everywhere. You start to think about scary movies or TV shows. I raced through the same areas a second time, and my heart is sinking more and more, my breathing is getting faster and Reena is running with the shopping cart. How in just 10-15 seconds he disappear? I then go by some places Reena looked so see if maybe he has popped up somewhere and then I see a cute little blond haired kid, halfway into the fountain there, covered in water, having the time of his life. I ran over and picked him up. I held on to him tightly and tried to return to a normal breathing pattern.

What an awful 5 minutes. I never want to go through that again. Oskar had no clue anything was going on, he was actually pretty happy because we never let him play in the water like he was. Oskar is getting older and more independant and this was the first time he ever walked away on his own. I guess now life takes on a whole new dimension.

This made me think about life and God a little. Do we sometimes just wonder off, attracted by something and potentially put ourselves in danger. Is God like I was, frantically looking searching, longing to see our face, to give us a hug? I think so, I think God really wnats to know us so much, that when we aren't around even for a little while he is out looking for us. I feel like after today, I caught a glipse of what God the Father goes through with us sometimes and I hope it changes me.