18 May 2007

720 times


Today I was working on my lovely wife Reena's birthday present. Its a deck on the side of our house. It has been such a big project and its not done yet but we have been able to accomplish the major work. You can now walk on it, sit on it, eat on it or whatever. Its pretty awesome! Today I attached 720 screws to hold the main boards onto the frame. It was totally exhausting and I am pretty sure that it a tornado comes, the house may fall down but the deck borads will be okay! While doing this I had a lot of time to think and ponder the whole thing and one think keep coming into my mind, its the same thing I shared at LIFT. ITs the difference between food and dessert. I shared that we all need solid food in our spiritual lives. One on one time where God feeds us directly. THe probalem we run into is that we often exchange time with God for time at church, or another event or something else and thats okay, but its dessert, taste great, fills us up, but it only last a short while, then we crash cause we need real food! This came to mind when I heard of more groups of people wanting to travel hours to visit another youth event in northern Estonia. I just got sad because I know what they need, they know they are stuck in a terrible rat race but they keep doing the same things. I so badly desire to see a group of young people commited to seeking God as a group and most importantly individually. I am just afraid that we have created a church culture that won't allow this. I think we as churches must work together and we must fellowship between churches, but we must always make the thrust of our work leading people to Jesus and teaching people how to feed him themselves, and not rely on other sources as the primary food source.

My question is, What are we doing to be feed ourselves? What are we doing to make our primary source of spiritual food our intimate one on one realtionship with God? Take time to think about this and lets have some comments about how we are doing this.