23 May 2007

A few hours of tranquility!

Today I had the oppurtunity to spend a few hours at the Bernhard Spa in Otepää. They have a really great swimming and sauna complex. They have a niche right now in the peaceful and tranquil market. Its not just a sauna, its an experience. I have visited a few different places, but this was the most relaxing place to go. Of course there was no one else there but Reena, the boys and Merle, but that makes it even better. Actually, the boys and Reena didn't make it long so it was a great time. There were different swimming pools and saunas, and it was all about the environment. Music, lighting, temperature all led me to a great experience and one that I know has helped me to relax and refocus my life.

Of course, the place wasn't perfect. They had only been opened about a month and had lots of things wrong and places to fix, but those didn't stop me from having a great experience, they just provided me with something to notice as I was in each room.

At Risttee we believe in creating irresistable environments where people have a chance to meet with God. Having just experienced this first hand, I see how helpful it can be. I see how creating environments takes the input and dedication of so many. I wonder how we can do a better job of this at Risttee. How can we make Sundays a Risttee the best place to be on Sunday in Estonia. The place that people come to and want to come back because they felt welcome, they were challenged and they had a chance to meet God. The environment helped to remove as many disractions as possible and focused attention to the right direction.

So here is my question, how do we do this? How do we make this a reality? I am looking for people who read this and feel they have ideas they want to share and deisre to make it a reality. Drop me an email at craig@goingup.ee or add a comment and lets get to work!