17 December 2007

Details make the Difference


I had a chance today to visit the Kaubamaja in Tartu. I was out shopping for a Christmas present, rather presents for my wife. I have so send a shout out to Eleri for the recommendation, I didn't get the exact one you mentioned, but picked the one directly above it! Anyway, after shopping with Oskar and visiting the children's area we grabbed some ice cream at Da Vinci. This is a little cafe on the second floor. I have found the "Bisquit" ice amazing. Anyway, while was sitting there I noticed the way they had their napkins on the counter and then I noticed how the girl was cleaning the counter the whole time I I was there. I like their decor and their decorative elements in the area.

Now this got me to thinking about Risttee. Details made a difference for me at Da Vinci, but what about on Sunday? Do we put the time in effort in to have all the details all figured out. I was this past weekend impressed by Daniel V, who is leading a lot of our youth department. He made some awesome flyers that he passed out for the auction they were having. He put lots of time into details and when the whole night was over, they had a huge success and raised more money than they ever imagine and I hope create a lot of momentum for the future at LIFT. This Sunday night, we have our Christmas service and its our first time to meet at Atlantis and a chance to get to work on the details. Atlantis is a big place, it has a lot of doors, a lot of different entrances, different rooms and we hope this week we have lots of visitors. Maybe our attention to details will make the difference in someone coming back the next week. It seems silly to me to pray and invest in someone for so long, then the day arrives when they finally come to church and we sit back and pretend like they have been here their whole life.

Details make a difference! Got any ideas about some details for Risttee, Christmas and this summer. Lets talk about it!