31 October 2007

Exam


Its time again for me to renew my Estonian living permit, and finally after 5 years in Estonia and 3 years of marriage i am allowed to apply for an extended living permit. I am not exactly sure all the details of what it means and how long it will be for, but I know what I have to do to get it. The very first step in the process is I have to pass the beginners Estonian language exam. Assuming my registration goes okay, will be on 9.Nov. I have to complete a 1.5 hour written section and an oral examination. Once you pass this, then you can go apply for the living permit. The language exam is very scary. I know that I can get by with my language, but have i progressed enough to pass the exam?

So, I am writing to ask everyone to help me over the next month to get ready for this. Force me to speak as much Estonian as possible, don't let me take the easy way out.

Also, leave me some comments on some of the more important parts of Estonian language, things you think might be on a beginners exam. I need to know what all you smart Estonians are thinking and hopefully it leads to a great success.